Garden Board Member Experience
REGISTRATION IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED.
We thank you for your patience and flexibility.
An IMPORTANT UPDATE (AS OF APRIL 7, 2020):
To PROTECT everyone involved with our Annual Conference, we have decided to cancel the in-person 2020 Annual Conference in Portland, Oregon. This decision was reached after a great deal of discussion and thought with our Portland partners and the Portland Community. Your safety is paramount to us, and we would never put it at risk.
More details about this cancellation can be found on our Registration and Hotel pages. Should you feel the need to get in touch with us, feel free to email us at email@example.com. We appreciate and thank you for your patience and flexibility.
About the Garden Board Member Experience:
Last year, the American Public Gardens Association introduced a 1-1/2 day gathering embedded within the Annual Conference just for board members of public gardens.
Here’s what Board members told us they valued:
- * The Public Private Partnerships session I attended was excellent--an exploration of creating partnerships/collaboratives for specific goals shared between/among gardens would be interesting… [I]t seems more gardens could benefit from teaming up in various ways. Boards seem a logical genesis for these possibilities.
- * Session topics were effective seeds, but the most valuable part was exchanging challenges, strategies, best practices, etc. with a broad spectrum of other board members
- * The benchmarking information
- * Simply attending the conference and seeing the scale of it
And here’s some of what they told us they wanted next time:
- * Case studies of garden successes. We can all benefit from not reinventing the wheel and borrowing good ideas
- * How to be a more effective board member
- * Financial implications of policies
The Garden Board Member Experience is intended to be interactive, dynamic, with a minimum of PowerPoint presentations and talking heads!